5.11.08

ahhh procrastination

In my random bumblings about the internet I thought once again of my dear, poor abandoned old blog. So here I am, writing yet another odd update...
The biggest news, of course, is that America finally got their head out of their asses and elected Barack Obama. I love that the election was nowhere near close. America let out a resounding "yes we can". Dooce posted an amazing paragraph on why she believes in him. Basically, I believe that he can motivate Americans to pull ourselves out of this pile of shit we have decided to call home. For some reason, especially people of my generation, seem content with the current state of affairs, which is quickly slipping downwards. As frustrating as that is, I don't know how to remedy it. I feel that Obama has plans as well as the charisma and enthusiasm to get America off their asses and doing something about the world falling apart around them. Since it is my senior year, I am trying to come up with a thesis. Recently, I had been thinking a lot on the state of the US and my frustration and fear as to my future. The question that comes to my mind now is if my thesis will have the same tone as it would have before Obama. I still fear for my country and future, however, there is a white lining now. There is a hope for the future instead of this black pit we seemed stuck in. Should I convey that in my thesis? I don't know! Should my thesis motivate others as a call to action or just showcase my fears? If you can't tell, I'm pretty much freaking out about my thesis. But oh well, what can you do? Well, Jonathan told me to just start journaling. I bought a sketchbook yesterday for my thesis (which I should have done months ago), which is currently sitting empty. Of course. I need to get working on that. And I will. Oh fuck, I just remembered something else I have to get working on. Ok, well, I have to get to my homework and some designs I promised to do for choir. I'll write more later - hopefully in a couple days and not months. haha.
Yes we can...
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Remarks_of_Senator_Barack_Obama_on_New_Hampshire_Primary_Night

No comments: