23.7.08

update ya'll!

haha. After reading numerous blogs today, I figured maybe I should update my own.
Funny little updates : I was reading dooce today, and I realized I wear the same size show as her, even though she is probably like a foot taller. unfair. This comes after going shoe shopping yesterday and last week (dsw and target respectively) and finding nothing that I felt worth spending the money on. The depressing thing is that since my feet are so big (read popular) sized, there is very little selection in my size (8 1/2). But 6's etc?? oh the most adorable shoes you can imagine! Why do I have such large feet? NOT FAIR. I don't want to be any taller, in fact I really enjoy being short. It doesn't bother me in the slightest (ok except maybe when I'm in a crowded place where I feel squished and can't see past the head of the person next to me) but I love that the majority of guys are taller than me. To the point that I can wear heels around almost all guys and not worry a bit about affecting their masculinity or whatever problem they have when women are taller. haha.
Also, I was reading a woman's blog that was linked from hers, and I found hers really interesting as well. She had a list of 150 things about her, the majority of them I pretty much agreed with or could see myself saying at some point in my life (ie I haven't done them yet, but it wouldn't be out of left field for me to...).
I realized that I love blogs. They are little peaks into people's lives, and if they are honest, you have a sense of what its like to be them. Unlike reality shows where you see the mundane moments of their lives that the producer deemed important, blogs are little moments in a person's life that they deemed important enough to share. Not even important, interesting maybe. But what they choose to write about says volumes about them. I find that fascinating!! Also, it seems that the majority of these bloggers also take pictures and post them. Its yet another way of documenting their lives, the interesting little tidbits. I dunno, I guess it all appeals to my nosiness and curiosity about other people. I love to people watch, and to think about how each person you see, every single car you see on the highway, every passerby has their own life, their own story, their own drama. It is rather mind blowing to think about all the different things going on in people's lives and how your life and theirs intersect for a second, but then probably never will again. Each person has a kind of family to some extent, as well as friends, a house or apartment or something, a destination, etc etc.... One thing I love to do at the coffee shop is ask people if they have plans for the day. I always ask the regulars just because, in some sense, I am a friend, and I'm trying to make conversation. But those that I have never seen before are the most interesting to ask. The woman in the business outfit who you would expect to be heading to a meeting is actually going to go see a movie with her husband later. The man in the laid back clothes has the day off from work .... etc etc... I dunno, its fascinating! weird. I know. oh well.
Basically, at the moment I am at work. Alone. Boss is off at meetings and such and left the gallery all to me. So basically, I did all the work he told me to in about an hour and now I'm just goofing off. But hey, what do I usually do at work? goof off. Honestly, as much as I love this job, there just isn't all that much to do at the gallery. Boss just works kinda slow and so everything takes him all day, while it takes me like an hour or two. Oh well, its not like I am getting paid so I can't feel guilty. haha.
Hmmm what else to talk about? I don't really feel like talking about the boy situation at the moment. Its been bouncing around in my head for a while, and I have explained it (sorta) to Carolyn and Sarah, so I don't really feel like talking about it again. I'm just kinda in the mood to stop fucking thinking and see what happens. Just keep hanging on and see where it takes you. Caitlin and I are working our way through Grey's Anatomy seasons 1-3. Currently, I'm on the second disc of the third season. However, in one of the earlier seasons, there is a quote from the ending monologue of the show, it says something along the lines of "even the most intractable mistake beats the hell out of never trying". So here's to making mistakes. Hopefully not horrible ones, but mistakes.

No comments: